Often, people don’t want to start an organizing or downsizing project because they think it will take too long.
That’s why we created the DIVA Dozen -- TWELVE organizing and downsizing tasks you can do around your house in 20 minutes or less!
When you’re ready to get started, here’s our DIVA Dozen:
- Clean your cutlery drawer. Toss anything that is rusty, broken or totally useless!
- Remove everything from the cabinet under the sink. Sort, purge and replace.
- Organize the top shelf in the front hall closet.
- Check your coffee mug collection. Keep only the ones you LOVE to use.
- Check your medicine cabinet and dispose of expired medications responsibly.
- Be ruthless with bath towels – frayed or discoloured towels can be donated to the Humane Society or local Animal Shelter.
- Sort the mitten/glove drawer and discard any “orphans” in the mix.
- Sort Income Tax documents before the deadline; then set up your 2013 files.
- Fresh herbs and spices enhance your cooking and baking. Replace spices if they are past their “best-before date”.
- Fill a box with HHW – Household Hazardous Waste -- and take it to your local Transfer Station. Delivery may take longer than 20 minutes!
- Check the trunk of your car. Just keep the essentials – windshield washer fluid, first aid kit, emergency items and scraper -- for winter driving.
- Light up your life by cleaning ceiling and light fixtures, bulbs and shades and make them sparkle.
Now, that wasn’t so difficult, was it?
Downsizing Diva Co-Founder. Toronto East & North YorkContact Me