With the holiday season just around the corner, maybe, just maybe, this could be the year you consider giving “heart” gifts to friends and family on your list.
We love “heart” gifts–presents that touch the recipient’s heart and makes gift-givers feel extra good too. When you find just the right gift for someone, you can’t wait to give it to them and watch their reaction. That’s the true spirit of the holidays!
“Guilt” gifts, on the other hand, aren’t really gifts at all. “Guilt” gifts include bars of soap, and boxes of chocolates/candles/notecards that you have all wrapped up and sitting on the shelf–in case someone shows up with a gift you weren’t expecting.
Nowhere is it written that you must give a gift for every gift you receive! Sometimes all that is required is for you to be a generous gift recipient. Try it...just say ‘Thank You!'
Here’s a partial list of gifts that DON’T jingle our bells!
• Fridge magnets – from places we have never been.
• Candles – when you don’t know the colour, scent and size of candle we use.
• Scarves – could be a great gift if it is absolutely gorgeous!
• Lotions and Potions – most people have so much, they could open their own stores!
• Paper Serviettes – unless they are beautiful or contain witty or funny messages.
• Clothes – IF, without a doubt, it is the perfect fit, colour and style.
• Jewellery – see above. Exception–when it’s the REAL THING!
• Magazines – Good news... arrive every month. Bad news... arrive every month!
• Gift certificates – when they are not from their favourite store.
We admit...we love giving and receiving gifts! In our book, consumable gifts, like THEATRETICKETS, WINE, CHOCOLATE and MONEY are always in style!
Here’s hoping the New Year brings all you’re wishing for...and more!