These days, it seems people are always on the move, so we’d like to share some information about carefully moving your ABC’s – antiques, breakables and collectibles.
If valuable antiques, artwork and fragile items will be part of your move, talk to your Move Managers in advance, to find out how these items will be packed and transported.
Here are some important things to consider:
- Remove the items from drawers and pack them in well-labeled boxes.
- Remove, wrap and pack fragile drawer pulls and ornamental details.
- Remove mirrors or other accessories and place screws/fasteners/keys in a plastic bag and taped inside a drawer or attached securely to the back of the item.
- Secure drawers with plastic film so they don’t open during transport.
- Pad and wrap large breakable items.
- Prior to Move Day, ask your Mover to construct specialized, custom packing crates for extremely fragile items, if required.
- Ask your Move Manager about packing delicate items, unless you have decided to pack and move these items yourself.
- If you are doing your own packing and there are only a few fragile items to be packed, your Movers may be able to pack them on Moving Day.
- If there are a number of breakable items, the movers will likely schedule time, prior to your Move Day, to pack these items.
Downsizing Diva Co-Founder. Toronto East & North YorkContact Me