The holiday season is rapidly approaching and it’s time to think about family, friends, festivities, and the holiday tradition of… gift giving!
Have you ever received a gift, glanced at the giver with puzzlement and confusion and wondered… “What were they thinking?” Right then and there, you knew that particular gift was not even going to be re-gifted! It was on its way out and we mean fast!
To make your gift giving more environmentally friendly this holiday season, here are TWELVE green gift ideas from The Diva:
- Give “consumable gifts” – nothing wrong with chocolates, jams and wines.
- Become a “Zoo Parent” – most zoos have lots of animals to choose from!
- Donate to a friend’s favourite charity – and both of you will feel warm-fuzzy!
- Share the gift of friendship. What about dinner and a movie in January?
- Offer to babysit and let your friends enjoy a “date night” of their own.
- Visit neighbours who have moved to a Retirement Residence.
- Plan an evening at a Comedy Club for the young people you know.
- Bake cookies with your grandchildren. Then, share the treats with neighbours.
- Pick a theme and create a movie experience… at home!
- Buy the newest best-seller for six of your closest friends and start a Book Club in the New Year!
- Schedule a get-together and go skating outdoors.
- Make sure to find a spot with a warm fire and hot chocolate!
- Think of something totally outrageous and… find someone to do it with you!
It’s not the gift, it’s the thought that counts
and the best gifts come tied with thoughtful heart-strings!